Inland Counties Legal Services is looking for an individual with the ability to assist in maintaining the case management system. This individual will also assist in the area of document review and compliance. In addition, the selected candidate will assist with entry level duties of our Accounting department. Requires proficiency in all MS applications including Access. Qualified applications are welcome to apply by submitting a resume, cover letter and three references to: HRManager@icls.org. or fax to Inland Counties Legal Services, Attn: HR (951-774-4429). Excellent benefit package available. MWD/EOE.
We are seeking an experienced Legal Secretary for our Immigration Unit. We are a Non-Profit Legal Services organization. Candidates must be proficient in word processing. Duties include, but are not limited to, producing computer-generated pleadings as instructed, correspondence and other written documents using a word processing program, occasional light typing, photocopying, collating, ordering supplies, transcribing dictation, setting appointments, meeting and interviewing clients, telephone eligibility intake as may be instructed, preparing files and case records, and other duties as assigned or may be required by the Practice Group Director. Minimum of 2 years exp required. Spanish speaking required. Submit letter of interest, detailed resume and three (3) job related references. and writing samples to: HRManager@icls.org. MWD/EOE.
Inland Counties Legal Services (ICLS) is seeking an executive director to lead its nonprofit legal aid organization which is dedicated to serving low-income individuals throughout) California ' s Riverside and San Bernardino counties . ICLS has five branch offices in the two-county region.
The mission of ICLS is to pursue justice and equality for low income individuals through counsel, advice, advocacy and community education, treating all with dignity and respect.
• Under the direction of the board of directors, the executive director is responsible for the overall administration, operation, and supervision of all phases and aspects of the organization and its projects and programs. This includes overseeing employees consisting of attorneys , paralegals , and administrative staff located in the five branch offices located in the cities/communities of Indio, Victorville, Rancho Cucamonga, San Bernardino, and Riverside.
• Support and work productively with the board of directors in carrying out its responsibilities of board governance and oversight.
• Ensure the long-term sustainability of ICLS and address the increasing legal needs of the ICLS low income client community through active leadership and development of a diversified resource development program focused on individual gifts , foundation grants , and government grants and contracts.
• Understand and interpret grant and funder policies , directives and compliance, and appropriately carry out those policies and directives in the operation of the program.
• Develop and maintain constructive and positive professional relationships with organizations and individuals in the general community, the legal community, the courts, and the judiciary to meet the diverse needs of low income clients .
• Implement technological innovations that will enhance the delivery of services which will enable staff to work more effectively and allow the public better access to legal services.
11/20/2017 1 of 2
• A juris doctorate degree from an accredited law school and a current California bar license or the ability to be licensed in California.
• A minimum of five years of legal experience including working with and/or representing low income individuals .
• Excellent leadership and strong interpersonal skills , including a collaborative approach to problem solving and decision-making .
• Leadership experience in community based nonprofit organizations.
• Management experience at policy making le vels including , but not limited to non-profit program planning , evaluation , staff supervision, legal systems development, financial oversight, reporting, and budget development.
• Experience , expertise, and knowledge in seeking out and applying for grants and contracts from all sources including local , state, and federal public and private grants.
Screening of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. If you are interested in this position, please submit (1) a current resume; (2) a letter fully expressing your interest in the position , your qualifications, and what you hope to contribute to the organization and its future; and (3) the names and contact information for three professional references . Please submit your materials electronically to email@example.com In Microsoft Word , PDF , or RTF. Materials may also be submitted to the following address:
Inland Counties Legal Services, Inc .
Attn: Executive Director Search
1040 Iowa Ave ., Suite 101
Riverside , California 92507 - 2106
Inland Counties Legal Services is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply . ICLS strives to enhance its ability to develop a d i verse staff and to increase its potential to serve a d i verse community. All applications are welcomed and encouraged, and will receive consideration.
11/20/2017 2 of2
We are looking for a Paralegal who has experience in Public Benefits, e.g. (CalWORKS, CalFRESH, SSI) and a desire to assist the low-income community in the High Desert. The Paralegal will perform specific legal functions as can be performed by an Attorney-supervised non-lawyer, including eligibility screening, interviewing, drafting legal documents, factual investigation, legal research, written legal briefs, etc. Minimum 3 years legal experience; Spanish preferred, but not required. To apply, submit resume, cover letter, 3 professional references and writing samples to: HRManager@icls.org. MWD/EOE.
Located in Victorville, seeking attorneys with a strong interest in healthcare and admistrative law benefits practice, as well as civil law. Prior experience, paid or volunteer in public interest law a strong asset. Other language skills an asset, including Vietnamese, Korean, ASL, Farsi, Russian, Tagalog, Arabic or Punjabi.
To apply submit letter of interest, resume, three references to Veronica Maldonado, Human Resources Manager, at HRmgr@icls.org. For information, call Tessie Cross, Managing Attorney, Victorville (951) 248-4524 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. MWD/EOE.