Inland Counties Legal Services is seeking attorneys for the following practice areas and locations:
Family Law/Domestic Violence – San Bernardino. Applicants must have experience with victims of domestic violence.
Immigration – Victorville. We are seeking an attorney to handle domestic violence cases; VAWA, U Visas and T Visas. Referrals will be from Operation Safehouse shelter and the Rape Crisis Center.
To apply, submit a resume, letter of interest, writing sample and three job related references. MWD/EOE
Inland Counties Legal Services is seeking intake screener/receptionists to handle multiple phone lines and assist in the provision of legal services to eligible clients. Among other duties, the intake screener/receptionist will interview clients by phone and in person to obtain information which will determine the applicant’s eligibility for services. Prior experience in a similar capacity preferred. Bilingual a must. To apply, submit resume, letter of interest and three job related references. MWD/EOE
Inland Counties Legal Services is seeking experienced legal secretaries for the following practice areas and locations:
Family Law/Domestic Violence – Indio Housing – San Bernardino Candidates must be proficient in word processing. Duties include, but are not limited to producing computer generated pleadings as instructed, correspondence and other written documents. Minimum of 2 years experience as a legal secretary is required. Bilingual required. Submit letter of interest, detailed resume and three job related references. MWD/EOE
Inland Counties Legal Services is currently seeking Paralegals for the following practice areas and locations:
Family Law/Domestic Violence – San Bernardino Bilingual (Spanish/English) a must. Family Law experience highly desired.
Housing – San Bernardino Prior experience working with landlord/tenant law preferred. Bilingual preferred. Qualifications and application process: Applicants must possess a Paralegal certificate obtained from an ABA accredited school. Please submit a resume, letter of interest, writing sample and three job related references. MWD/EOE
ICLS is in need of a Grants Administrative Assistant who will work closely with our Grants Manager to ensure our compliance with Grant requirements. Must be proficient with Word and Excel. To apply, submit letter of interest, resume and three references to: HRManager@icls.org or fax (951-774-4429. EEO/WMD
Inland Counties Legal Services (ICLS) is seeking an executive director to lead its nonprofit legal aid organization which is dedicated to serving low-income individuals throughout) California ' s Riverside and San Bernardino counties . ICLS has five branch offices in the two-county region.
The mission of ICLS is to pursue justice and equality for low income individuals through counsel, advice, advocacy and community education, treating all with dignity and respect.
• Under the direction of the board of directors, the executive director is responsible for the overall administration, operation, and supervision of all phases and aspects of the organization and its projects and programs. This includes overseeing employees consisting of attorneys , paralegals , and administrative staff located in the five branch offices located in the cities/communities of Indio, Victorville, Rancho Cucamonga, San Bernardino, and Riverside.
• Support and work productively with the board of directors in carrying out its responsibilities of board governance and oversight.
• Ensure the long-term sustainability of ICLS and address the increasing legal needs of the ICLS low income client community through active leadership and development of a diversified resource development program focused on individual gifts , foundation grants , and government grants and contracts.
• Understand and interpret grant and funder policies , directives and compliance, and appropriately carry out those policies and directives in the operation of the program.
• Develop and maintain constructive and positive professional relationships with organizations and individuals in the general community, the legal community, the courts, and the judiciary to meet the diverse needs of low income clients .
• Implement technological innovations that will enhance the delivery of services which will enable staff to work more effectively and allow the public better access to legal services.
11/20/2017 1 of 2
• A juris doctorate degree from an accredited law school and a current California bar license or the ability to be licensed in California.
• A minimum of five years of legal experience including working with and/or representing low income individuals .
• Excellent leadership and strong interpersonal skills , including a collaborative approach to problem solving and decision-making .
• Leadership experience in community based nonprofit organizations.
• Management experience at policy making le vels including , but not limited to non-profit program planning , evaluation , staff supervision, legal systems development, financial oversight, reporting, and budget development.
• Experience , expertise, and knowledge in seeking out and applying for grants and contracts from all sources including local , state, and federal public and private grants.
Screening of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. If you are interested in this position, please submit (1) a current resume; (2) a letter fully expressing your interest in the position , your qualifications, and what you hope to contribute to the organization and its future; and (3) the names and contact information for three professional references . Please submit your materials electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org In Microsoft Word , PDF , or RTF. Materials may also be submitted to the following address:
Inland Counties Legal Services, Inc .
Attn: Executive Director Search
1040 Iowa Ave ., Suite 101
Riverside , California 92507 - 2106
Inland Counties Legal Services is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply . ICLS strives to enhance its ability to develop a d i verse staff and to increase its potential to serve a d i verse community. All applications are welcomed and encouraged, and will receive consideration.
11/20/2017 2 of2